Pastor Dean Burris has been involved in pastoral ministry since 1985. He is a 1990 graduate of Columbia Bible College. He served as Senior Pastor at First Baptist Church Pembroke, Georgia from 1990 – 1995; Howard’s Creek Baptist Church in Boone, NC from 1995-2002; and as Senior Associate Pastor at Christ Community Church from 2002 – 2011.
Pastor Dean has a passion for the local church and discipling believers. He has written numerous church manuals on missions, leadership, strategic planning, small groups, stewardship, prayer, Men’s Retreats and church planting.
He travels frequently to places around the world working with other believers to start new churches. He has been married to his wife Kim for 39 years. They have three adult sons and five grandchildren.
Pastor Dean loves the outdoors and enjoys spending time gardening, kayaking, hiking, fishing and walking with his wife Kim and their two dogs, Biskit and Kodiak.
Rhett brings 10 years of ministry experience to Metrolina Church. He was the student worship leader at Christ Community Church Huntersville from 2005-2011.
He then spent two years at Mitchell Community College for Vocal performance and Music theory. While he was in college he spent 3 years at Calvary Baptist Church as the Worship Ministry Intern from 2011-2013.
Rhett has a heart to disciple other believers and spend time with others in the Word of God. His heart truly lies in missions. He has been on numerous trips to dark places that desperately need the light of Christ.
Rhett has been married to Janine Lee (our children’s director) since August 30, 2014. Rhett loves spending time hiking, shooting, eating, camping, extreme sports, and really just anything that involves adrenaline and race fuel.
CHILDREN'S MINISTRY DIRECTOR
Janine Lee was born in Rochester, NY. She has been the children’s director since 2015.
Janine has loved serving in the church from a very young age. She loves working with the children and youth as well as in the adult ministries. Janine is married to her husband, Rhett Lee (our worship leader).
Janine enjoys being creative through photography, and spending time with her friends and family. She also loves spending time in discussions that challenge her to deepen her knowledge of the Word of God.
Darrell McCulley (DJ). DJ holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication Studies from The University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
His ministry experience includes:
• serving as a student leader at his home church until he graduated high school and then became a student ministry leader from about 2009-2013
• YoungLife leader during his time at UNCG where he led a small group of college guys on campus, planned clubs and gave talks to the YoungLife College club.
• Youth ministry leader at New Song Church
• Nathan Smith Ministries: duties include putting together and leading trips to Africa; Journey Youth Camp Director where he was in charge of all staff, programming, and youth pastor relations; speaking at events across the southeast for thousands of middle school and high school students.
• FCA: He is currently part time with FCA, leading small groups at a few high schools in the area including Hough High School and Mallard Creek.